Tuesday 26 April 2016

My Rust Eater

My Rust Eater

"Stainless steel dish rack and porcelain sauce plate used to live in harmony. After a period of time, porcelain sauce plate picked a  fight with stainless steel dish rack. Sauce plate lost and there was a lot of bleeding. Can you guess what that is?"

Rust! It's on my sauce plates which I left to dry on the dish rack. And to think the dish rack was supposed to be stainless steel. Yes, I'm lazy. I don't always keep my plates into the kitchen cabinets immediately once they are dried. Uggh! No matter how hard I scrubbed with my Mama Lemon Dishwashing Liquid, the rust stains wouldn't come off. I really thought that was the end of my sauce plates. They were going to Mr Bin for sure.

I had a sudden idea to use my Lemon essential oil for a final try before I throw in the towel. It worked! Look at my picture of before and after Lemon oil. I am ecstatic. :)
@MyOilyFunScoops. All Rights Reserved.

Here's what I did. I dripped a few drops of Lemon Oil onto the rust stains and left the sauce plates alone for about 20 minutes. After that, I just wash them again with a sponge and dishwashing liquid. It's now sparkly clean, no brute force needed!

Interested to try the essential oils featured in my post?

Disclaimer

No comments:

Post a Comment